Saturday, September 13, 2008

Second Verse, Same as the First


Not much changed this week in school for Mr M...he still has the same 'complaints'. I know he CAN advocate to some teachers on what going on...but others have a past history of 'poo poo-ing' off what he says. Yes...we would all love to have the coping skills to deal with continual verbal crap from someone else....but lets be real here....I sometimes have trouble with that one! *insert trout slaps for when I didn't hold my tongue*
Given the problem he is having....my solution (or current option) is to email the case manager and hope he passes on what I am saying. The fact that the Special Ed teacher is not even staying to make sure 2 special ed kids are doing ok is not right to begin with...secondly..this kiddo has cause problems in the past with Mr M. Yes, its all verbal (at the moment), but I feel a storm brewing....and Mr M may get frustrated enough to take it to the next level. Doesn't happen often...but when it does...look out!
I also am feeling the need to either meet a few reg ed teachers...or make some phone calls. I know Mr M has study skills class last period and does a majority of his work then....but I don't want him to fall behind or mismanage a larger project that they may be working on. No organizational skills often means missed or incomplete projects. For Mr R...we had the reg ed teachers forward any upcoming projects to his study hall teachers. She helped him to break the assignment down into 'workable' parts.....and set goals for completion. This was very effective....and I'm thinking of suggesting it to Mr M's team.
Anyway...I'm feeling a distinct 'here we go again' about school this year for Mr M. With the social pieces as well as the work level of 10thgrade.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and all are safe from the current hurricane and its affects. We're in for cool temps and showers....just normal stuff for this time of year here in the north.
DES

No comments: