Friday, September 19, 2008

Not before coffee, thank you!

*actual pic of a serving for Mr M*
It IS a lovely shade of GREEN isn't it??? Mr M has requested that Friday's be 'Spinach for lunch' days. *gulp* And so the prep begins at 6am by filling the small thermos with hot water to pre-heat. Opening the can of spinach (yep..he only likes the canned kind) and warming it up to pack for his lunch. Other items in his lunch....cinnamon poptarts, some kinda crackers and apple juice. (ewwwwwww!)
Hey..its nutrition. Just have to get past the smell! His spinach 'liking' started about 3 years ago when he was playing a game and saw Popeye eat spinach. As we wandered through the supermarket that week, I showed him Popeye's canned spinach on the shelf. He agreed to TRY it....and so it stuck! (strange how he decides to eat very specific foods)
I AM having an 'issue' with the Poptart ppl right now. Their 16 family packs are featuring NFL teams plastered on WHITE icing. Anyone who eats the frosted cinnamon poptarts knows the normal color is tan....and so I cannot buy the 'better bargain' until they get off this 'kick'. Mr M refuses to eat them for fear they will taste different (long standing visual issue with CHANGE to foods).
Anyway...as I prepare for my day off today, I still have the obnoxious odor of spinach in my nose. I'm thinking of Fridays with dread....maybe a change from PJ's and sweats to another, more protective outfit...



DES

Have a great weekend!


photo courtesy...www.survivalcenter.com

No comments: