Sunday, September 21, 2008

Marioland?


Obviously we got very excited by the idea that the Mushroom Kingdom had finally arrived at our house....Mr M being the 'Mario KING' he is! I posted this over on my 360 blog yesterday but was actually looking today on the net for what the real name of this thing was *we have a habit of naming ODD things round these parts* LOL!
Also found some 'shaggy mane' mushrooms on a walk yesterday....Mr M didn't think those were as cool though. Guess I shouldn't tell them the 'inky' truth about those? http://www.wildmanstevebrill.com/Mushrooms.Folder/Shaggy%20Mane.html
Considering the fact that 1 out of 100 mushrooms can poison you....I think we'll pass on cooking the buggers up. I'll stick with market bought *I can hear the boos and hissing from Naturalist and Man vs Wild now*
Mr M held his stick in the ready....in case of fungal attacks! *insert Mario theme song*
Guess its the 'shroooom' season?
Have a good one...enjoy the weather! *its 70 here during the day and 50's at night*
DES

2 comments:

Maddy said...

The 'shroom' season is upon us around here too! We have the same theme songs too..
Cheers

Casdok said...

Very impressive mushroom!