Monday, October 6, 2008

Projects, Plungers and Pocket Gophers

Not much going on here lately....other than continued work on 'summer' projects not yet completed. I still have things that have to be done before the cold sets in. Amazing how quickly Fall flies by!

What does the title have to do with anything? NOT much! Other than the projects, we were treated to a reminder of another project on the 'to do' list. Our upstairs bathroom has carpet (NOT that we put it in)...but it needs to be taken up and tiled. We proved this theory...one more time, this past week. Mr M *aka TP KING* clogged the toilet while I was at work (he had half a day that day). He took it upon himself (which TOTALLY surprised me) to plunge it. Course....he waited till AFTER the 3 'flush' to try. Water and *mess* all over the bathroom....soaked into the carpet and came through the ceiling downstairs. OH my what a smell..what a mess. My advice to him was to tell an adult as soon as it 'doesn't flush'. He said, "what about if I can't find one of you?" I said, "put a note on it...'do not use!' " I also tried to talk to him about the amt of TP he uses....which is kinda useless with his OCD issues. But hey...a girls gotta try! Then, I had this bizarre thought about that Seinfeld episode..."can you spare a square"..... and I dropped the thought due to my own humor running rampant.

Pocket Gophers...anyone seen one before? UGGGGGGGGGLY...and kinda creepy scary! The King found one on our doorstep this past weekend. He got the hose and tried to 'convince' it to leave....it sassed him (teeth baring). I stayed inside...and watch the antics from the safety of inside, thank you. Anything that 'give you sass with teeth' is NOT going to be photographed by moi! *I'm silly..not stupid!* Just hoping it stays away....guess he's trying to find a cozy spot for winter? ~puts up No vacancy sign~

Work is going well...although I'm duly convinced you cannot please all people all the time! Many complaints when our company puts out new holiday cards....had complaints THIS week cause we don't have Thanksgiving out yet. *sighs* Oh well...Thanksgiving change-over comes with a Christmas preview...that ought to piss off a few dozen per day. :)

Got my new drivers license with my 'new' name....OIY...the photo is the worst I've ever taken (they took it again...for a simple name change?) Mr R says it looks like my hairline is receding...*gasp* Oh well...I like my married name...the picture is just something I'll have to live with (for at least a year...it expires next year).

Project this week...more paperwork. *hows that ever get done?*

No comments: